August 3, 2012
Fall Is Coming
I am back from a few days of vacation in the hills of North GA. Here are a few thoughts as I enter the weekend.
1. Excited to be back at Olive and preach on the Personal Action of the Holy Spirit from Zechariah 4.
2. The Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day on Wednesday caused a stir. I have been dialoguing with some young adults on Facebook that had disagreement with the day. They sense the Gay community felt hate. This is a worthy question to consider. I am working now on a sermon to present on Why and How to Disagree with Same Sex Marriage. For this culture it must be more than the Bible says so. We will begin there but deal with other issues.
3. College football is just around the corner. The team I pull for started pre-season camp today. How would you like to be working out in this heat? WOW!
4. This month we have the first wave of the fall elections in Florida. Count on this – when the Presidential ballots are counted all eyes will once again be on Florida.
5. Going to the Chumukla Opry tonight!